Follow

Monday 10 August 2015

Currently Reading: 'Girl, Interrupted' By Susanna Kaysen

BLURB:
'In 1967, after a session with a psychiatrist she'd never seen before, eighteen-year-old Susanna Kaysen was put in a taxi and sent to McLean Hospital to be treated for depression. She spent most of the next two years on the ward for teenage girls in the psychiatric hospital renowned for its famous clientele - Sylvia Plath, Robert Lowell, James Taylor, Anne Sexton and Ray Charles.' 

'Girl, Interrupted' is a memoir and I don't actually read much non-fiction so I'm really interested in expanding my reading into this genre. I especially want to get into memoirs because I think it's great to read about other peoples' lives and experiences. I thought this book would be a great starting point as it's only short and I absolutely love the movie which stars Winona Ryder and Angelina Jolie.



Follow my progress with this book on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie
Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page!

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment