Follow

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Top Ten Tuesday: Auto Buy Authors


Top 10 Tuesday is a weekly meme hosted by the Broke and the Bookish click the link for more information: http://www.brokeandbookish.com/

This week's topic is Top Ten Auto-Buy authors. 


1. J.K. Rowling (Robert Galbraith)
I will buy anything this woman writes for the rest of my life. Harry Potter is one of my all time favourite series and really helped grow my love for reading so J.K. Rowling will always have a special place in my heart and my library. As many of you know Rowling also writes under the pseudonym Robert Galbraith and I also purchase these books religiously! 

2. John Green
I'm a massive fan of contemporary YA fiction and this man is the king of that genre. I love all of his books that are currently out and I will continue to read anything he publishes in the future. 

3. Cecelia Ahern
Ahern's books are great for a relaxing and emotional read that will transport you to the beautiful cities of Ireland and take you out of your dreary day-to-day life even if only for a little while. I love her writing style and every christmas you can bet that one of her books will be on my wish list! 

4. David Nicholls
'One Day', 'Starter for Ten', 'The Understudy' and 'Us', David Nicholls writes incredible british fiction and loveable characters which always draw me in without fail. I'm proud to say I own all four of his books and was lucky enough to receive a signed copy of his most recent book 'Us' which is one of my most prized possessions! 

5. Nicholas Sparks
This guy knows romance! I know that if I'm in the mood for amazing romance and tears I need to grab one of his books. A lot of people don't like Sparks' books but I'm a huge fan and own a whole bunch of them and always make sure I buy his new ones when the appear in bookstores! 

6. Colleen Hoover
Hoover writes really great New Adult fiction! I love all of her books and the stories she creates - even if they are a little bit over dramatic sometimes, they never fail to entertain! Also she writes some pretty swoon-worthy guys! 

7. Cassandra Clare
This woman works wonders. I love the world she's created and I will buy ANYTHING she brings out! 

8. Stephen King

I admire this man so much as a writer, I don't know how anyone can have as much imagination as he does to bring out as many books as he does! I'm really trying to build my King collection and I keep buying all his books as they come out! 

9. Jodi Picoult
Picoult's books were the first 'grown-up' books I ever read and I immediately fell in love with her writing. There's always some huge twist at the end of her books that leaves you in disarray and she never fails to tell a good story. I don't think I'll ever get over the ending of 'My Sister's Keeper'! 

10. Ian McEwan
This man writes incredible stories! If you've never read anything by him I whole-heartedly recommend 'Enduring Love', 'On Chesil Beach' and 'Atonement' just to name a few! I always make sure if I see a book of his that I haven't read that I pick it up and read it immediately! 


Follow me on Goodreads:https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin', just click the widget at the top of the page! 

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com


6 comments:

  1. I love that you've included Jodi Picoult. Sometimes I don't think she gets enough love from bloggers. Great list!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Ah I know what you mean she's hardly ever mentioned and she deserves so much more attention!

      Delete
  2. Replies
    1. Yeah she's great! I'll check out your list now!

      Delete
  3. Love that you have Nicholas Sparks!

    Here are my Top Ten! @ LazyBookLovers

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks, I think his books are great tear-jerker material! :')

      I'll check out your list now! :)

      Delete