Follow

Tuesday 18 August 2015

Review: 'The Lion, The Witch And The Wardrobe' By C.S. Lewis

When Peter, Lucy, Edmond and Susan walk through the wardrobe and into the magical world of Narnia they begin an adventure far beyond anyone's imagination. To defeat the evil White Witch the four children must follow Aslan the mighty lion and discover in themselves bravery and faith so that they may fulfil the mysterious ancient prophecy.

PLOT: I think most people know what this book is about and can agree that the plot is great and imaginative and well-deserving of it's description as a classic children's story. At times it was a little bit boring however this is probably because the story is aimed at people much younger than myself. However, at times the plot was really dark and disturbing and probably much too scary for young children as I found myself getting a little creeped out and scared by it.

THE CHARACTERS: I didn't, and never have when reading it in the past, form any attachments to the characters. Normally this would bother me but for this book it doesn't so much. I love Aslan, I wish I had a big friendly lion to cuddle and ride when I wanted to. I hate Edmund and I always have! It still makes me laugh that he betrays his family for Turkish Delight (pretty much the worst tasting chocolate ever invented).

THE WRITING STYLE: I love the way C.S. Lewis writes these stories. All of the Narnia books are written as if someone is actually telling - speaking - the story to a group of children which I love. The illustrations in this edition of the book were also lovely and helped to create a picture of this magical world.

THE EMOTIONS: The only time I was emotional was when Aslan sacrificed himself and the evil creatures were torturing him. It was really awful to read and the images and pictures it was creating in my mind were so vivid and graphic.

THE ENDING: It's a nice ending - I look forward to re-reading the rest of the series.

Overall rating: 3/5 stars.

This review is also on Goodreads, add me on there: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page!

For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment