Follow

Sunday 6 September 2015

Book Haul #2 - Some Classics and More!

So it's my birthday in two weeks which means September is going to be a pretty big haul month, so I thought I'd try and split my haul into parts this month. So yesterday I went out and accumulated a few books so I thought I'd show you the books I purchased today!

1. 'The Essential Kafka' By Franz Kafka 
This copy includes a few of Kafka's books so I thought it was a pretty good deal. I've been wanting to read some Kafka for ages because I've never read anything by him but I'm always hearing about his writing and how amazing and different it is.

2. 'Moby Dick' By Herman Melville
This is another classic that I've never had the chance to read but have heard so much about! So when I saw this sitting there in the bookshop I picked it up straight away and can't wait until I have the time to dig my teeth into it!

3. 'Far From The Madding Crowd' By Thomas Hardy
Once again, a very much-loved classic that I've never had the chance to read - can you see the theme here?

4. 'The Three Musketeers' By Alexandre Dumas
We ALL know the story, whether you've seen the Disney Movies or the TV Show, everyone has heard of 'The Three Musketeers', so since I've never read it, I decided to buy it!

5. 'Eragon' By Christopher Paolini
I've always wanted to read these books but I've just never gotten around to it, and then yesterday 'Eragon' was sitting in the YA section of my favourite charity shop, a hardback copy no less, super cheap! So I HAD to pick it up and I'm so pleased I finally have this on my shelf! I can't wait to read this series!

6. 'The Best Of Me' By Nicholas Sparks
I LOVE ME SOME NICHOLAS SPARKS! Nicholas Sparks knows romance, tears, heartbreak and loss and all his books reflect this and I love them! 'The Best Of Me' was made into an amazing movie (if you haven't seen it, go and watch it!) so I cannot wait to read the book that inspired it. 

7. 'The Shining Girls' By Lauren Beukes
When this book came out there was so much hype around it and I just never got the chance to pick it up anywhere because it seemed to be selling out left right and centre! Yesterday it was sitting in my favourite charity shop so I had to pick it up, it sounds so thrilling and scary and I can't wait to read it! 

8. 'Million Dollar Arm' By J.B. Bernstein
Loved the Disney Movie... Had to have the book. That's all there is to it! 

9. 'The Invention of Wings' By Sue Monk Kidd

I LOVED 'The Secret Life of Bees' By Sue Monk Kidd, so when I saw this I just had to buy it. The blurb sounds incredible and I know this author writes beautifully so I can't wait to read this! 


So that's my first book haul of September... but there will definitely be more to come, stay tuned! 

Follow me on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie
Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page! 
For business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com



No comments:

Post a Comment