Follow

Saturday 8 August 2015

Review: 'Never Never: Part Two' By Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher

'Never Never: Part Two', is the second installation in a small series of novellas by Colleen Hoover and Tarryn Fisher. It is a continuation of the story set out in Part One, I won't write much about it as I don't want to spoil anything for people still reading Part One or those who are planning on reading these books. This book just continues to follow Charlie and Silas as they try to piece together their unique mystery.

PLOT: Once again Hoover and Fisher managed to keep the mystery alive in this book by adding a second little mystery for us to try and solve. Although this book was a lot more tense, I much preferred the plot of the first book simply because the romance was presented better (for obvious reasons when you read this book) and I feel like Charlie and Silas' relationship is one of the best aspects of this series. However, the action and mystery was really pumped up in this instalment.

CHARACTERS: Silas took on a much larger role in this book and he really proved himself as a hero. I found him extremely admirable in the way he took such control over an incredibly difficult situation and how he made it his personal mission to solve the puzzles being put in front of him. I felt extremely sorry for Charlie in this book, she was put in such a horrible position and I can't wait for the next instalment in this series to learn more about why what happened to her actually happened!

WRITING STYLE: I like the way it flicks back and forth between Charlie and Silas' perspectives because we get to see the situation from both characters' perspectives which allows us to see how each individual is dealing with it. Like I said about the first part, this book will never win any awards but you cannot fault the writing style. The whole premise of the book is quite complicated but Hoover and Fisher's writing always ensures that the reader cannot get lost in the mystery.

THE ROMANCE/FEELS: I was upset by the lack of romance in this book - but that was just because of circumstances in the plot and it worked with the story so I can't really complain it was just something I missed!

THE ENDING: ANOTHER CLIFF-HANGER?! SERIOUSLY?!?

Overall rating: 3.5/5 stars


This review is also on Goodreads, follow me on there: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin, just click the widget at the top of the page!

No comments:

Post a Comment