Follow

Sunday 16 August 2015

Dealing With Writer's Block


Like a lot of obsessive readers, I am also a writer... or at least it is my ambition to be a writer. For as long as I can remember I've wanted to have my own book published, to walk into my local bookshop and see my book with my name on a shelf for people all over the world to buy and become immersed in. This is my dream.

As soon as you start thinking seriously about writing and start planning that all-important first novel you realise just how difficult writing actually is. All the ideas are there in your head but you just can't quite reach them and put them down on the page. I'm currently working on what I hope will be my first novel and I'm dealing with every writer's worst enemy... WRITER'S BLOCK.

If you're like me and you're dealing with writer's block here is my solution. Work through it. Keep writing even when it's so difficult you feel like you're using every last remnant of brain power. For the last month I've ignored my manuscript thinking it will come to me eventually... it didn't come. So I took initiative and forced myself to write, of course it started out as a load of crap, but eventually I got back into the swing of it and it got good... really good! Push through the block and keep going, you can go back over the crappy bits later and make them amazing!


No comments:

Post a Comment