Follow

Friday 14 August 2015

Currently Reading: 'On Chesil Beach' By Ian McEwan

BLURB:
'It is July 1962. Edward and Florence, young innocents married that morning, arrive at a hotel on the Dorset coast. At dinner in their room they struggle to suppress their private fears of the wedding night to come...' 


Compared to McEwan's other novels this book is extremely small, in fact, it could be considered a novella. As a huge fan of the author I was absolutely ecstatic last year when my English teacher gave us a small extract from this book to analyse. The two page extract we were given was so intriguing and engaging I immediately rushed out and bought this book.... and I'm only JUST getting round to reading it. I am very excited to read this book and to see if the rest of it is as engaging as that short extract was.


Follow my progress with this book on Goodreads: https://www.goodreads.com/user/show/30517727-ashleigh-geekie

Follow me on Bloglovin', just click the widget at the top of the page!

For Business enquiries and questions contact: liveinsidethepages@hotmail.com

No comments:

Post a Comment